Monday, August 20, 2007

Gather Together

Today marks 8 weeks in PGN. We have the "edge of your seat" feeling. Almost as if we could stretch out our arms and grab it.

Growing up I was raised in a spiritual family. It was more than just a religion it was a relationship with God. My parents taught me at a young age to have hope and faith. The first thing I ever put my faith out there for (I was 8) was a blue bible with silver lined pages. It was the prettiest Bible I had ever seen. I just knew God wanted me to have it!! So, I prayed. I knew that it was God's will for me to have the desire of my heart and that I just needed to thank Him for the means to get it. After all, my parents also taught me that God is my provider and that He will provide for my every need. Child like faith was all that was required. I thanked God every time I went to church and saw that Bible in the bookstore. Sure enough, God heard my prayers. Someone actually bought that Bible and gave it to me...

My husband & I got married when we were 21. We are now 33. I have the best relationship with my MIL & FIL. They have always treated me like a daughter. I am thankful that they continued the work in me that my parents started when I was young. They continue to support us in our faith and encourage us to go beyond the comfort zone spiritually.

I thank God every day for the FOUR parents that he saw fit to bless me with in my life. They will be living examples to Analise of God's love and kindness....

Yesterday, my FIL reminded us of a very familiar scripture and then we prayed and thanked God for Analise's process to be complete.

Matthew 18:19-20
19 “I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you. 20 For where two or three gather together as my followers,[h] I am there among them.”

Please join us in our agreement that Analise's process is finalized, we are joyfully expecting "the call".

15 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I am with you!!! Miracles do happen.

Emily said...

I am expecting you will get your call very soon. I am hoping that today is your day! I can't wait for your out post!

Soltana said...

I'm with you too!!! I'm now waiting for the post telling us all you got the "CALL".... I can't ait to see that cutie home with her family!!! Lots of LOVE!!!

Bekah said...

i am with you. can't wait to hear your good news.

Alleen said...

I too am here.

Farrah said...

You are so amazing...Your parents are great people for doing that for you. My father never tault me about god, So I still struggle now with putting things in his hands. I am getting better about it but I am still bullheaded and think I can do it all on my own. AND everyone knows we can't.
I hope today is your day. I keep looking for an OUT post.

Gail said...

Shannon,
I am praying with you and all the others.
Gail

Courtney said...

Hey Girl..........We are praying for you. Any day now... Keep praying. Courtney

Melissa said...

I am also joyfully praying with you.

Stacie said...

I am SO praying that you get the call this week! I just know you are so close to bringing that sweet girl home!!

I'm watching and waiting to read the GREAT news!
Stacie

Tricia said...

Shannon, I am praying for you and checking for updates on sweet Analise!!!! She is such a doll!!!!!

Lori said...

Expectant of God's will! Great post!! Praise God for the work he has done and the provisions He will do for you and your family of three!!!

JuJu - said...

agreeing with you in the name of JESUS!

Julia:)

Doripink said...

Me and My Annalise (my daughters names as well) are praying you get the call as well!!!
Dori

Natalie said...

Praying with you! Can't wait for your name to show up on my caller ID!!!