Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The FAT on WEIGHT

It's time to "chew the fat" on weight. If you aren't familiar with the term "chew the fat" it means the same as "dish the dirt".

As some of you know, we had a group of bloggers in the spring that were part of the group called Junky Trunk. We all CHOSE to work on losing the Junk in our Trunk. It was a fun group and I think alot of people were encouraged to lose weight through moral support. Well, that group no longer exists, due to other circumstances. Mainly time!!! We could all use a little more of it!

Although the group is gone I have tried to continue my quest for becoming a "more fit" me. I have lost a few more pounds and continue to work out. Through the last 6 months I have worked towards changing my body and my mind. The body part seems to be a little easier. The mind? Well, that's a whole other ballgame!

Throughout my life I have struggled with weight, mentally. I always wanted to be healthier and thinner but my mind wouldn't have it. I am the one who put my self in this mental state. I believed that food was my comfort. Whenever there was stress or something not quite right-the comfort of food always seemed to make things better.

Over the last 6 months the mental weight of choosing food as comfort has subsided. Last week, on the day we received our 2nd KO from PGN I had a major breakthrough.

After the initial shock of the news I was very upset. The Shannon 6 mths. ago would have went straight for something sweet to ease the pain. But, to my extreme amazement it was not the first thing I wanted to do. My first thought after the news - "I need to go run." and man, did I run!

Although the pain of the KO was hurtful, God gave me victory in another area. The victory in knowing that the addiction to food no longer weighed so heavy on my mind. I am excited to become a "more fit" me for myself, Adam and of course, Analise!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon,
I don't even remember how I stumbled onto your blog, but it's been a while, and I've been lurking ever since! I just wanted you to know that I'm praying so hard for you and your family. It's amazing to me your level of faith and trust. You have been an inspiration to me on more than one occasion! I just know you're going to be getting THE CALL soon, and I know that on that day I'm going to be dancing! The nursery is absolutely precious, and so is your daughter.
My love and best wishes,
Renee in GA

Gail said...

Shannon,
PRAISE GOD!! I hope He was running with you. That is such a monumental thing.
Keep up the good work.
Gail

Melissa said...

Congratulations on that major breakthrough! I am someone who tends to turn to food for comfort, so I do understand where you came from.

Alleen said...

You go girl!!!

Man, my mind is my obstacle. I cannot get it together and I keep putting on the pounds......

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

That is awesome! Every day I think I am going to be able to stay on track and not turn to food for comfort and everyday I fail. I keep waiting for something to click in my brain that will stop the vicious cycle but it hasn't come yet. Stress and my mind have gotten the best of me.
I am working on changing my mind and my body and you have have inspired me to work even harder at it. Thanks for sharing your story.

Now come on Barrios free Analise.

I love the new blog header!

Sharon

Jenny and Matt said...

That's great Shannon, good for you. I miss JT.... that accountability was good for me.