Thursday, September 13, 2007

Then They Stood On Each Side…..

……holding up his hands until sunset.

This week has been a struggle. A struggle to continue, with joy, the race that God has set before us. We know He is still with us and continues to keep our precious Analise in His loving arms.

Sometimes, when going through struggles, you do grow weary and tired. Tired of all that surrounds your circumstance. Our circumstance happens to be adoption. But we are not the only faith believers to grow tired.

In the book of Exodus you will find a man by the name of Moses. A man charged with leading an entire nation. He was forced to do this: “Call the Israelites to Arms!” He new that God wasn’t going to just swoop down and cast the Amalekites aside. This is what he said:

Exodus 17:9 “Tomorrow I will stand on top of the hill with the staff of God in my hands. 11 As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. 12 When Moses' hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset. 13 So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword.


Our adoption of Analise has been a wonderful process. We continue to be at peace but like any parent we are ready for our child to be home and resting in her own bed.

We ask you to “join arms” with us, in faith, believing for the release of Analise from PGN. You all have been our Aaron and Hur. Keeping our arms lifted when we have grown tired. You have kept us steady and we are looking forward to finishing the race with all of you by our sides.

Matthew 18:19
"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.”

18 comments:

Matt and Cristin said...

I don't even know you but I check this daily. You are a friend of my friend. I'm believing with you and your husband for Analise's arrival in your arms! What a great scripture...I can tell you that you have all your family and friends...and even strangers...believing and having faith for your precious little angel to come home.

Bekah said...

praying with you shannon. i am weary of this journey as well and praise the Lord for fellow believers who have held up my arms along the way. i never could have done it without you all.

Madelyn's Mommy said...

WOW! I really needed that! This week has been really hard on me also. I try to be strong in my faith but sometimes we do get tired. And my way of showing it is having a crying spell. I am praying for all of our babies in the process right now. I will say a special pray for you today that you get out of PGN!!!

Andrea

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is inspiring.We have been through a lot of crap together...and when it feels "crappy" know that we're sticking by you still. You are a woman of faith, strong, you and Adam are no doubt growing closer. Think of it like running a race (since you're a fancy runner now, you suck by the way. :) If you ran a race that was 100 yards, you may feel a sense of pride- even joy, but imagine how you'd feel after a marathon, the gratitude, the joy, the sheer elation that you've finished your race would be overwhelming! When you hold Analise you'll experience that joy, but the even better news will be that a new race will be just beginning and you'll be holding her in your arms for that one...and trust me that journey is amazing!

I love you and I'm praying for you. Ask Adam if he needs any milk. And dream of Tonya's crack. That may pass the time. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. Cheri and I are planning to meet up and visit you once she arrives! I want to hold her too!

Lori said...

Asking of my Heavenly Father! I'm praying with you!!

Unknown said...

Ha, ha! Milk. Good times, good times.

We love you so much, both you and Adam. I can't even imagine how great a mom you are and are going to be once you get your sweet cheeks home. We will continue to pray for you... but rest in knowing that it is ALREADY DONE! We're just waiting for this world to catch up to what God has already done.

jajbs said...

i will pray for you daily. i commit to doing that. it is tough and we get weary, but i believe the these blogs are used by Him to bring other believers into our lives to do just what you are asking us to do-- hold you up when you grow weary. we all are here and you can consider it done. i look forward to celebrating with you when the news comes SOON!!!

Have a great weekend.

Amanda

LouLou said...

Shannon,
I am so honored to have been on this journey with you. You have truly been an inspiration to us all....what a great example of a Christian and mommy! I will be proud and honored to keep helping you hold your arms up. We are all here standing with you.....

Barrios,
Let our Analise OUT!!!!!!

Melissa said...

Shannon,

I have been praying daily that Analise will be released from PGN soon. The process is long, and we do get weary, and we do need to support one another. I stand with you in faith believing that our daughters will come home in God's perfect timing.

Melissa

Stacie said...

Shannon, I am praying so hard that Analise will be released from PGN very, very soon! I BELIEVE IT!!

We can't do it alone....together we are strong!

Lord, you are SO mighty! We praise you for all you have done!! Father, be our strength to finish the race.

Alleen said...

I'm definitely praying for you!!

Terry said...

Shannon,

I don't know why I am just now finding this post when I read your blog so often, but hope you are feeling better and reassured today. As I say so often to other AP's....you are not alone. Not only are we (others going through it) with you, but His hand is resting on you, your husband and Analise, protecting each of you and guiding the way.

My prayers are still that you will be released from PGN soon and the rest of your wait will be short. I also pray for your peace until the wait is over.

Terry

Jenn said...

This was such an encouraging blog! Thanks so much! We will be praying for you!

Natalie said...

I got the chills reading this post. Thank you so much for the powerful message. I am BELIEVING and praying with you that He will send Analise home to you soon! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

You have absolutely done your 'time' in PGN. I will say a prayer that she is in your arms very, very soon. Very inspirational passage, too! :-)

SBP

nikki said...

Praying that this week brings you your OUT!!!!
Hang in there!!!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I am praying for you!!! I know your stuggle and I am here for you.
She will come home.