Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Psalm 91

Although the "warning" was given to all parents adopting from Guatemala we need to remember who is TRULY standing in the gap for the families!!! I will not link to the article because I do not want to spread the fear that is already running rampant among the adoption community. Instead, I will focus on the PROMISE that is written to me in God's word.


1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

3 Surely he will save "our children" from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.

4 He will cover "our children" with his feathers,
and under his wings "our children" will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be "our children's" shield and rampart.

5 "Our children" will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,

6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near "our children".

8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-

10 then no harm will befall "our children",
no disaster will come near your tent.

11 For he will command his angels concerning "our children"
to guard "our children" in all their ways;

12 they will lift "our children" up in their hands,
so that "our children" will not strike their foot against a stone.

13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."

Our pastor, Keith Moore, has taught a series at church about Divine Protection. I encourage you to go HERE for encouragement and teaching on the protection we are promised by God, our Father. Scroll down the page to 0121 Divine Protection. Right click and the click "save target as". You then save it to the folder of your choice on your computer. Then double click the sermon and it should open and play.

Choose to fill your head and heart with the love and commitment that God has for you and your child.

9 comments:

Terry said...

Praying for you and all other families in process during this time of uncertainty.

Fear is easily spread and felt during this process. From beginning to end, the unknown is hard to deal with and only God can lead us through.

So many people are trying to get our government to do what is right. God hears our prayers and pleas and we have to believe that through those that hold offices in the US, he will work on behalf of all waiting children and parents.

Terry

JuJu - said...

You GO Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Courtney said...

Thanks for putting the calm in my fear.....Courtney

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing the power, truth, and wisdom of Psalm 91.

Madelyn's Mommy said...

WOW! That is exactly what I needed! We need to stand on the truth and that is God's word! He is more powerful than the DOS! And he will get our babies home.

Thanks for sharing that!
Andrea

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Amazing post!!!

Jenn said...

This is one of my favorite chapters in the bible! Thanks for the encouragement!

nikki said...

Shannon,
Your faith is amazing!!!
You are truly an inspiration!!
Praying for you and all the families waiting during these uncertain times.

jajbs said...

Well done, Girl! God's promises are yes and AMEN!


Thanks,
Amanda