Friday, June 01, 2007

Bittersweet Likeness

Today, I received new pictures of Analise. I love to receive new pictures but the reality is that it is very bittersweet. It is almost as if it is only a likeness of the sweet girl that I held, hugged and kissed for a week. I see hints of the smile and the curled up face she makes when she is tired and wants you to leave her alone so she can sleep.

I know that she is healthy and loved where she is but it will never be what Adam & I have to give her.

After all, she is our AJ.....

11 comments:

Alleen said...

I remember how bittersweet the update pictures were. Very comforting and sad at the same time.

Natalie said...

I know how you feel. She sure is beautiful!!!!

Bekah said...

Oh Shannon, she is SO SO SO beautiful! It is bittersweet.

Lori said...

Oh She is so precious!!

Soltana said...

So cute...

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I totally understand what you are saying. She is so adorable.

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

I know how you feel. Receiving pictures is definitely bittersweet. She is adorable!

nikki said...

I remember that feeling. Staring at the new pictures for hours, and feeling both happy and sad. Hang in there, your in the homestretch now.
What a beautiful little baby she is.

Melissa said...

I too understand how bittersweet it is. On the one hand we are grateful for updates and to see that our babies are doing well, but on the other hand, it just reminds us of what we are missing. Praying for peace and comfort for you through the rest of the journey.

JuJu - said...

I know how hard these days are - but they realy do pass and she really will come home - hang in there and know I am thinking about you today and sending you a hug:)

Julia:)

Andrea said...

Boy, can I relate. Even with the video, it was bittersweet. She is absolutely gorgeous!!