Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Have you prayed for your PGN worker today?

When I say PGN worker, I refer to anyone who may touch our case when it entered the doors of PGN.

A couple of weeks ago I felt impressed to pray for these people everyday. I truly believe in the power of prayer and have seen it evidenced many times in my life and in my families lives.

I reference this scripture often:

Romans 12:11-13 (Message Bible)
Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.


Did you see the last part? Be inventive in hospitality!! Our mind will tell us, PGN needs to get on the ball and let our babies OUT! Here's the inventive part-praying everyday for your PGN workers health, peace and prosperity.

Everyone knows the happier you are the more likely you are to be generous and helpful. Here are some of the things I pray specifically for the PGN workers:

1. Their work environment is encouraging and uplifting.
2. That they have peace when signing off on cases.
3. That when they touch our file they are overcome with joy and peace.
4. That they are prosperous.
5. That they are healthy and free from all sickness.
6. That they use wisdom and only issue previos for "real" mistakes and errors.
7. That their families are all happy and healthy.

These are just a few of the things. It helps me retain the "cheerful expectancy" that Analise will be out SOON!!


Yo! Pray for your PGN worker today! Even if you aren't in there yet!!

10 comments:

Kristin said...

I have been praying for Sr. Barrios, his family and his staff, too! What a beautiful transition from frustration to compassion when our hearts stop to lift up those who seem hardest to love.

Many blessings!
Kristin (PGN 8 weeks)

P.S. Send me an email if you would like the link to our blog: kristinandgregory@yahoo.com

Candy said...

GOOD IDEA...SMARTY PANTS...WE MISS YOU ALREADY...Kya is like UH MOM WHERE IS THE NICE LADY WHO SPOILED ME ROTTON...HEHEHEHE...by the way we went to church Sunday...at Battlecreek...they are doing a small group for adoptive families...pretty neat service it was on adoption....i got you a cd of it. The preacher is adopting from Korea right now

The Mac Fam said...

Good for you shannon. You are and will be blessed.

Stacie said...

What a wonderful outlook! Our case as not hit PGN yet, but what a wonderful way to prepare our hearts for it now. Thank you for allowing God to speak through you today!

Have a great day!
Stacie

Bekah said...

Thanks for this post Shannon. I am starting to get really frustrated with everyone down there and I need to remember to pray for them. I have been praying for them but it helps to have specific things to pray for like you suggested!

Farrah said...

You are a sweetheart...I'm praying for your OUT soon..Any day now actually!

Corey said...

Good prospective to have! Love the picture

Natalie said...

Thanks Shannon. I really needed this. I pray for them, but not with specific things in mind. I appreciate your goodness. You are an amazing person...and I truly mean that!

Hilarious pic of Analise!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

That pic is too funny!!! I prayed for my PGN worker daily. Even put them on my chuch prayer list. I am still praying for them.

Andrea said...

Boy that's a challenge for a lot of us! But you hit the nail right on the head. I've prayed for Barrios, but I'll keep ALL of PGN in my heart's prayers.