Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Star is Born

One of my favorite things to do is learn new things. I have really been trying to learn to sew. Well, it turned out that my Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Doug were in town helping a church with its building program. Aunt Marilyn just happens to be a GREAT seamstress. She took time away and helped me with my sewing skills. Thanks Aunt Marilyn!! I LOVED spending time with you and Uncle Doug.

We decided to make retro ornaments. I wanted stuffed ornaments that Analise would be able to play with when she comes home. They turned out exactly the way I wanted.

Aunt Marilyn showing me how to use my sewing machine!!


Me, attempting to sew! I think I did OK!!


The end result. Just what I had anticipated! PERFECTION!


My true hair color! No joke!!


Aunt Marilyn pickin' up pecans at our house. True Oklahoman!!


Uncle Doug scoopin' up pecans!


We had such a GREAT TIME hangin' out and spendin'time together!!! More pics of the rest of family later!!

5 comments:

Soltana said...

How cute!!!

I have your address silly girl!!!

JuJu - said...

Your baby girl is coming into such a rich inheritance of love and family - what an amazing life full of the important things will that child have? She is so blessed:)

Julia:)

Angel said...

You are TOO cute!! I LOVE the new hair. I like sewing with my grandma.. special memories. That ornament is so sweet. :0) Angel

Farrah said...

Shannon you are killing me here on an update...I know u have PINK by now, PLEASE let us know....

I'm dying to see pictures of your family together..

JuJu - said...

stalking for good news!