Sunday, May 20, 2007

For Analise...we miss you tonight


How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, -- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! -- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

Elizabeth Barrett Browning

9 comments:

Melissa said...

I have always loved this poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. I think it applies as well to love for a child as it does love for a partner.

Anonymous said...

I had to catch up on all your news, I was out last week and could not follow. I am sad that you are missing her but look where you are now! Thats AWESOME.
Won't be long now.
Falisha

Soltana said...

She's so cute... I love the poemm..she'll be home before you know it... :)

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

That is so sweet!!!

JuJu - said...

The missing them is the hardest!! I still have dreams of missing JB - I wake up and go watch him sleeping in his crib just to make sure he is really really HOME!!!!
I pray that your PGn stay is record breaking fast!!!!!!!!!!

JUlia:)

Natalie said...

Thinking of you and praying for you.

The Mac Fam said...

hey girly, just wondering...have you not got any of my messages? I've called several times and so I just thought I would ask. As always, you are still our inspiration and I look at Grace's gift everyday to remind me of the dream I am holding onto. Still praying for ya and your almost over journey.

Candy said...

WE MISS YOU TOO

Alleen said...

How could you not love that beautiful face??