Wednesday, January 23, 2008

200th Post - Announcement


Can you believe this is our 200th post? I can hardly believe it myself. It seems as if the time has flown by since we began our adoption journey.

When we began our blog it was so that our extended family and close friends could follow along and feel close to our journey. I feel like we accomplished that and so much more. We have gained so many friends along this journey. Friends who helped us through many a rough day and night.

Analise being home has been the greatest joy and adventure. It is more than I ever imagined it to be. Today I was watching a movie and the line was, "You taught me that you can't be a perfect parent but that there are a million ways to be a great one." We think that one way to be a great parent is to protect your child from whatever you see fit. Which leads us to our announcement.

We will be ending this blog. We have ran the race to God's best gift and have accomplished with this blog what we set out to do. But have no fear, we will be opening a new blog about our lives. That blog will be private.

Here's the deal. It's a crazy world out there and you have to protect those around you. We have always been careful about not posting to much information but we don't want to do that anymore. We want to be able to share things with family & friends about our lives.

I regret to say that if you have never commented or contacted us personally you probably will not be invited to the blog. Unless, someone I know personally can confirm that you are who say you are.

I know this may seem stringent but this is what we think is best for our family. WE hope you all understand and support this decision.

FAMILY-Do not stress out about the private thing. I will help you get set up so you can still see the blog. Just email me and I will help you!!!

If you are interested in our private blog please email us at the following address:
rednite713 at yahoo dot com


Family, replace the word at with @ and the word dot with . If you can't figure it out - CALL ME!!

It will probably be about a week before we end the blog. We will keep posting here until then.

19 comments:

Bekah said...

Shannon--You take the most stinking amazing pictures. Come take pictures of my kids! :) Of course it doesn't hurt that Analise is GORGEOUS!!!!

linda said...

Thank you for sharing the adoption process! I am a Child Psychology teacher in a high school and I have used this and other sites to share about adopting. I wish you well in the journey of life. Analise is gorgeous and she is right where she should be.

Courtney said...

oh holy cow.........cutest picture ever !!!! I love it. You take such awesome pictures. I would love to be invited to your new blog. I think that is a great idea. You will be missed, I hope I get a invite, if not I totally understand. I think we may close ours down too after she is home. It sounds like Analise is doing great. Courtney
Rstarry@new.rr.com is my blogger/google acct. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is beautiful and I will miss seeing updates! BUT - I completely understand. It does not seem stringent at all - as mamas we have to protect our kids. I think we all understand that. Many blessings to you and your sweet Analise.

Sarah said...

What an AWESOME picture of Analise!! Stunning!!! I e-mailed you!!

Sarah

Rhonda said...

Shannon,
Thank you for allowing me to follow your adoption of Analise. She is beautiful and is a perfect fit for you and your husband. Good luck with everything and have a wonderful, healthy life with your precious daughter.
You are a good mother and this is a good decision. You know what is best for you and your family.
Rhonda

Madelyn's Mommy said...

I will send you an email because I don't want to miss out on following your family! You really are a good photographer! That picture is gorgeous!

Andrea

Unknown said...

Shannon, I love the second set of instruction for the non-technically-inclined family. :)

I completely agree that this is a great step for your family. We gotta keep our girl safe!

Gail said...

Shannon,
I have loved following your adoption. You have been an inspiration to me of how a Christian woman handles the ups and downs of the process.
Thanks!
Gail

Jill said...

Shannon,
You have been such a HUGE HELP to ME! Thanks so much for everything. I understand about the blog. I sure will miss following along. If you ever open it up, email me! mrs.lesko AT zoominternet DOT net! :-)
Jill

Crystal said...

Shannon--hey hey I understand too --I have not commented in a while but I have been following I will miss you!!! You take care!!! If you ever open it back up my e-mail is jeff_nelson186@yahoo.com

God Bless you Guys!!!

. said...

Great decision, good for you for making it, even though I will be missing out! I'm grinning because being email friends with Kaya & Candy and aunt to an awesome Guatemalan boy now 8 years old is probably not enough "pull" to keep me on your approved list.

I'll miss your awesome posts & photos, too. I agree, when you get ready for a "part time" job in a few years, seriously you should consider the photography thing.

Have a wonderful time with your Guate Girl and if you ever are out at the mall when I'm there, I will just say HI and hopefully not scare you. (Goodness knows I wouldn't want people I've never met before making me uncomfortable in public!)

HUGS and Love to your whole family,

Becky in S.OKC

Marianne said...

Shannon,

Thanks for sharing your journey to bring Analise home with so many. I've enjoyed following your blog and will miss your posts and pictures. Take care.

Marianne

Anonymous said...

Hi S.
We LOVE the picture! Email it to me so that we can print it and hang it in the gallery. Thanks!
Love, Auntie Amy & Uncle Steve

Soltana said...

I wanna come to the new blog!!! I think you have my email :)

Love the pic!!!

snekcip said...

sending you an email ASAP, not always a "commentor" but always a FAN of that gorgeous baby girl!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on having Analise at home! I've never commented but found your site through a link via Heather/Allie's site. All the best..

Nicole

Reba said...

I didn't come in until the end of the journey, but I have enjoyed reading about your experiences...they mirror ours with our new son. I wish you all the best as you enjoy your new life together as a family!

Janice said...

Shannon.... I also want to thank you for sharing your adoption journey.... I know many of us have come to have a very warm spot in our hearts for your lovely family and your beautiful lil darling... Analise....

May all of your dreams continue to come true....

janice