Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Catch Up Post #1-Texas

The weekend after the 4th of July we headed to Ft. Worth, TX. We went down for the American Paint Horse Association World Show. It was fantastic and we hope to actually compete in the show next year.




The events we love the most are Cutting, Team Penning and Reining. Now, I am not going to go into detail about each event but I will give a SHORT overview for those who have no clue what I am talking about.

Cutting - A steer is released into the ring and then the horse and rider must block (cut) the cow from one side to the other.



Team Penning - 3 riders and their horses are required to peel out the three cows with the number they are given from the judge. They must then get them all in the pen. Now this is much more in depth...

Reining - Horse and Rider must complete a predetermined pattern. It will include circles, lead changes and sliding stops. Here is a short example of freestyle reining. You must complete certain parts of the pattern but you must also add your own creative touch.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


The guy in the video above received a standing ovation!! It was awesome. Sorry I didn't get it all but I get to excited!!

Catch Up Post #2-Happy Birthday To Me (Tomorrow)

PEACE OUT!!

4 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I love horses. we had them when I was a kid. the good old days. Glad you had fun.

Natalie said...

Girl...I was just looking at my calendar and noticed that I missed your birthday just before seeing this post...crap. I'm so sorry. What a terrible friend I am. I sure hope you had a wonderful day!

Soltana said...

LOVE the horses..Derek liked the cows.... looks like you had alot of fun!!!

Glad I got to talk to you!!! You ROCK!!

Jill said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill