Friday, February 16, 2007

She's coming

OK. So, yesterday I posted that we finally received the I-171. Well, that's not TOTALLY the case.

Yesterday I was really to the point where I felt that my agency wasn't being as proactive about our I-171 as I would like. I knew, I mean I knew it in my heart that something wasn't right, so I called the agency said that I needed some answers. They were, as always, very kind and understanding and immediately called the CIS office to check on our case. Long story short - she calls me back and gives me the "great" news with a twist!

She said, "You were approved on January 11th." I replied with, "You have got to be kidding me!!" Apparently, the postal service "misplaced" the ENTIRE stack of approvals that were sent out by the CIS that day!! This created a whole new meaning of "Going Postal" for me!!

So, where are we now? My agency said that since they spoke directly with CIS and that CIS will issue us another approval letter immediately that they have already contacted the attorney in Guatemala and we should have.......our REFERRAL by next week. HOLY MOLY!!! I was ecstatic when she told me this!! I was running around the office singing, I kid you not, "I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it..." See, you all are singing along now!!!

We are so VERY excited!! I will keep you posted if we hear any news!!!

4 comments:

metromom said...

so what does that mean? when do you get to go get her???

Tricia said...

Ohhhh, GREAT NEWS!!! I remember the wait for our 171-H like it was yesterday! And I remember stalking our poor mailman on a daily basis!

I actually considered installing a mailman-cam.....seriously!

I just found your blog and I will be following your journey. Feel free to check mine out, as well...
http://ourguatemalanbaby.blogspot.com/

Take care & God bless!

drew moser said...

we look forward to following your journey and can't wait to rejoice with you when you get those amazing and precious referral pictures! bekah

Andrea said...

That's great news! I found your blog through Holly's. Feel free to check mine out- http://theparentfiles.blogspot.com.

Can't wait to see the pictures of your referral!