Thursday, February 22, 2007

Downside of livin' in the plains....

One of the downsides of livin' in the southern plains is livin' in what they also call "tornado alley". Friday they are calling for the first severe weather of the year. This is actually earlier than normal. It's one thing to have tornadoes during the day but when they are night and rain wrapped it's a whole lot scarier!!! I can remember watching the F6 tornado (on TV live) a few years back ripping through Oklahoma City. I can remember praying real hard for anyone and anything that may be in its path.


All that to say this - our local weather guys are calling for nightime tornadoes tomorrow night. They say its not a matter of "if" tornadoes will hit but "where". Please say an extra prayer of protection for all of us in the SOONER state.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I've always been terrified of nighttime tornadoes. I lived in CO, and the one that wiped out Limon was at night. That's one reason why we want to move back to CO Springs- VERY few tornadoes!

Crystal said...

Hey girlie!!--I see your referral is coming!!!! I want you to know I will be checking in on you everyday!!! I am so excited for you!!!! I am praying she comes soon!!!! :O)

Anonymous said...

I'm a prayin' you should probably move to Arizona just to be safe and all...
NL